Convert Numpy Array Into Comma Separated String
In this tutorial, you will learn how to convert NumPy array Into a comma-separated string in Python. The string is known as a group of characters together. Similarly, an array is a collection of similar data elements.
The data presented in the array() are grouped and separated into each element using a comma. The arrays will be implemented in Python using the NumPy module.
About NumPy Module:
Numerical Python (NumPy) has several builtin methods. Among those various methods, array() is one of the methods which creates an array. Hence, let’s have a look at the general attributes of an array. They are as follows.
- An array can hold many values based on a single name.
- Access the elements based on the index number.
- We can slice the elements in the array [start: end] based on the start and end position -1 elements display the results.
Structure of Array:
The structure of the array as follows:
The elements are accessed based on the index values. If the array size is “n” the last index value is [n-1] and the starting index always .
#----------importing NumPy module---------------- import numpy
from the above statement, we have imported the NumPy module.
Usage of an array:
The syntax of the array method will be as follows:
- Data must be a list or tuple or any data set.
- Array method converts the given data into an array.
Hence, let have a glance over a few examples on the array given below.
import numpy k=numpy.array([1,2,7]) print(k)
The output of the above code will be as follows:
From the above example, the list (i.e. [1,2,7]) is converted to array by using the array method of the NumPy module. So, let’s have a look at the following code to perform our present task.
Code to convert a NumPy array into a comma separated string in Python
import numpy z=numpy.array(["a","b","c"]) for i in range(0,len(z)): print(z[i],end="") if(i+1!=len(z)): print(",",end="")
Hence, the output of the above code will be as follows:
From the above program, the elements presented in the array “z” will separate by comma up to last but one element. Because the last element didn’t need a comma on its suffix.
- It will be used in text scraping and sentence correction in the PDF documentation.
- Used to find how many sentences in a given page or book
- Automated tools use a comma-separated string for sentence identification.
To sort a given array using NumPy Module-> Sort an Array – Numpy