How to change the position of an element in a list in Python
In this article, we’ll take a gander at a few potential ways to deal with fixing the Shift components of a list utilizing Python.
Shift Elements in Python List
To move an element at some specific location in a list:
Step 1: To delete an element from a list, use the
Step 2: To put a value into a list at a precise location, use the
list = ['aman','satyam','ammy','sayam'] print(list) delete_item = 'sayam' list.remove(delete_item) list.insert(0, delete_item) print(list)
The output will be:
['aman', 'satyam', 'ammy', 'sayam'] ['sayam', 'aman', 'satyam', 'ammy']
- First, we create a list and print that list
- After that, the first item in the list with a value that matches the parameter supplied is removed using the list.remove() function. If there isn’t an item, the method produces a Value-error.
- The original list is altered using the delete() function, which also returns None.
- To enter the data at a specific index, use the insert() function.
In this way, we will move an element at some specific location in a list
Method 2: using the list.pop()
To move an element’s position in a list:
Step 1: Get the thing’s file in the list by utilizing the list.index() capability.
Step 2: If you need to erase a thing from a list given its record, utilize the list.pop() capability.
Step 3: To add a value to a list at a given index, use the list.insert() function.
list = ['aman', 'satyam', 'ammy', 'sayam'] i= 'sayam' print(list) list.insert( 1,list.pop(list.index(i) )) print(list)
The output will be:
['aman', 'satyam', 'ammy', 'sayam'] ['aman', 'sayam', 'satyam', 'ammy'] >
- Here, the first item in the list whose value matches the supplied parameter is returned by the list.index() function.
- The list.pop() function returns the item that was removed from the list at the specified point.
- The pop() capability eliminates and returns the last thing in the rundown if no file is given.
- The value is then inserted into the list at a precise place using the list.insert() function as the last step.
So these are the ways through which we can change the position of an element in a List in Python. I hope you like this article.